Thick hair is the dream of many women. But their owners know how hard it is to take care of the hair, because the magnificent mop tends to get confused. To facilitate styling and prevent hair entanglement, you need to develop a system: pick up the comb and easy combing hair, as well as to adhere to simple rules for hair care.
Reasons for hair tangling
The main reason that causes confusion is the damage to the strands. Dry hair is constantly tied in knots, magnetized and knotted down. There are many factors that cause damage:
- the wrong shampoo, the rejection of air conditioning or balm;
- dyeing, perm;
- use of a hair dryer, flats and irons without thermal protection agents;
- combing hair immediately after washing;
- lack of vitamins in the body;
- Dry scalp;
- Tight hairstyle;
- Chronic fatigue, stress, lack of sleep;
- Inappropriate comb;
- staying in the sun or frost without headgear;
- Salt or chlorinated water.
It is also worth considering individual moments:
- Curly hair is more often confused than smooth hair.
- Fine hair is naturally easier to electrify and tangle.
- Long hair is more susceptible to confusion than short hair.
Cosmetics against entanglement
Purchasing a tool to facilitate combing is easy: they are very versatile.
Shampoos, balms, air conditioners
It’s a basic hair care kit.
Shampoos cleanse hair from dirt, give it shine, shine and volume. There aren’t many shampoos for easy combing, but they do exist: for example, the professional Constant DELIGHT shampoo. The use of shampoos has no disadvantages other than the individual intolerance of the components and the incorrectly selected product.
Balsam creates a protective layer, nourishes and moisturizes the hair, facilitates the installation. It is better to use shampoo and balm of one brand. For the balm to work, you need to apply it to clean wet hair along its entire length, to withstand about ten minutes, and then rinse.
The assortment of balms is great: Constant DELIGHT, balm-rinse from PANTENEPRO-V or from FABERLIC, balm “Phytotherapy” of the domestic company Clean line. To minuses of use of such means concerns absence of batchers at some of them, decrease in volume of hairdressers (a number of balms as if licks hair), presence of silicones in structure of cheap means, possibility of occurrence of effect of addiction.
Conditioners are similar to balms in their action, but they have an additional antistatic effect. Use the product after washing on clean, dry or towel-dried hair. Most conditioners do not require washing, so they are more convenient than balms. You can also choose a 2-in-1 balm conditioner.
Almost every cosmetic brand offers hair conditioners: Glisskur Oil Nutritive, Desert Essence Coconut, Bonacure Moisture Kick Spray Conditioner from Schwarzkopf, lotion conditioner Londacare Curl Definer. Conditioners have few disadvantages: increased release of skin fat when applying the conditioner to the roots and scalp, as well as wasteful use.
Sprays make combing easier by moisturising the strands, giving them strength and elasticity. Water-based, they do not weigh the hair down and smell good. Sprays can be used together with the conditioner to strengthen its action, as well as independently.
Popular products include Curex Therapy lotion-spray by Estel, “Shine&Nutrition” spray by Belita-Vitex, Gliss Cours OIlNutritive serum-spray by Schwarzkopf, “Absolute Strength. Apricot and shea butter” by Avon.
Consider the disadvantages of using sprays for easy combing:
- Action of the product for a short time: after another wash of hair you need to use the spray again;
- In some cases, there is an increase in the fat content of the hair;
- A number of sprays are very expensive.
The high concentration of nutrients in the masks provides deep nourishment, moisturizing, treatment and smoothing of the hair. The masks are applied to washed wet hair. Wash them off with warm water without shampoo, otherwise the meaning of the procedure will be lost.
It is recommended to make masks 1-2 times a week, if the hair needs intensive care, or 1-2 times a month for prevention. Popular brands of hair masks are Brelil Oat Mask, Estelle, REVIVOR Intensivetherapy, Naturica.
Masks have not only advantages, but also disadvantages. Most cans do not have dispensers, some of them are difficult to distribute to the curls, and some of them are poorly washed away.
Oil, liquid crystals
Liquid crystals are a therapeutic and prophylactic indelible remedy. It envelops every hair, creating a protective film, and even the most tangled hair turns into obedient and smooth. The effect is achieved due to the oils and plant extracts included in the product. Crystals can replace sprays and balms by their properties.
The only drawback is that after using liquid crystals hair quickly becomes greasy, so the product should be used in a very dosed way. Oily hair owners should give up liquid crystals in favor of spray.
Serum is an irremovable, effective product that nourishes and strengthens the hair without weighing it down. It also has a thermal protection function and prevents damage during hairdryer drying, twisting or straightening. It is recommended to use the serum after each head wash. It can be applied to wet and dry hair.
The most famous hair serums are: Dove Therapy Shine and Shine, Fructis Hair Mass Filler, Reistill Hair Serum Antiage Pure Revitalizing, Kleral System with linseed oil.
When choosing a serum, remember not only its advantages, but also possible disadvantages. For example, in recent years there have been a lot of poor quality products, after the use of which the strands become untidy and quickly dirty. Carefully check the composition: some serums contain silicones that accumulate on the hair, making them heavier.
Useful tips for hair care
- Get rid of the bruised tips and stratified hair.
- Lamination will help keep your hair smooth, and you can even do it at home.
- Watch the temperature: wash your hair with warm and comfortable water. Hot water provokes loss and confusion of strands.
- Apply the shampoo with massage movements, without confuse wet hair with your fingers.
- Wash your hair gently with a towel. No need to rub or squeeze them.
- Apply thermal protection before drying.
- Dry your hair with warm air or let it dry naturally.
- There is no need to comb wet strands.
- Use a few combs. For wet hair, a comb with a soft bristles like a teaser or massage is best. Drying hair is more convenient with a comb or a comb with rare teeth.
- Scratch the strands carefully and without jerks, moving from the tips to the roots.
- Allow at least five minutes of brushing each day. This provides a scalp massage, activates blood circulation and prevents hair loss. In addition, strands that are regularly brushed carefully become more durable.
- In winter, the hairline may be confused by a hard collar or scarf. If a smooth hairline inevitably turns into a tangle, try wearing softer scarves, tailing or braiding.
How to prevent the hair from getting tangled
Sprawling hair looks spectacular, but only if it’s in perfect condition. Incorrect care can lead to knots at the connection points of their strands with artificial ones. Simple recommendations will help to avoid this:
- Choose a material called “Slavic” to build up.
- Do not wash your hair on the first day after the build-up.
- Use a soft shampoo and conditioner, but the latter in small quantities so as not to weigh the strands.
- Buy a comb with natural bristles and rare teeth and no tips at the ends.
- Start combing your hair when it is dry
- Make the correction in due time by asking the master for the period of wearing of the built-up curls.
How to choose a comb
To make it easier to unravel the hair, it is important to find the right comb: with rare, blunted teeth without balls and long, medium-strength bristles. A good option is to buy a comb designed specifically for hair that is prone to confusion. There are three most popular firms:
TangleTeezer is a brush of unusual shape with soft plastic teeth. The peculiarity of the comb is that it is equipped with teeth of different lengths – it provides a massage of the scalp. This brush is especially suitable for long and curly hair.
The Hairbean is a budget analogue of the tangler. The curved shape and soft teeth ensure easy combing, even of thick hair.
Macadamia – Unlike the previous two, this comb has a handle, so it fits more comfortably into your hand. Even wet hair is combed with macadamia – the smooth surface and the teeth don’t tear the strands out.
It is not necessary to buy well-known brands, but pay close attention to the choice of comb if you value your hair.
Do not save on the beauty of hair, do not spare time on the use of protective sprays and conditioners, choose the right products for care, spoil the hair with vitamin complexes and good combs – and the beauty of your curls will only be envied.